Operations and Facilities Specialist
Our purpose is to make it easier for mission-driven organizations to focus their efforts on creating a better world. Our team works with innovative nonprofits with ambitious visions around free market public policy, media and journalism. We provide our partners with affordable and effortless access to world-class development services so they can make the greatest possible impact in their communities.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an organized and detail-oriented professional to join our operations team.
As Operations and Facilities Specialist, you will provide the Bearing Tree team and our partner organizations with critical backend support that empowers everyone to do their best work. You are a people person who is comfortable with being a representative of the organization, taking and making phone calls, managing and maintaining an office, and handling multiple projects. You are passionate about the work of our partner organizations and are committed to doing everything you can to help them be successful.
- Manage various office management duties including, but not limited to, answering phone calls, greeting visitors, managing delivers, sorting mail, outgoing mail and packages, and handling facilities issues
- Regularly restock office supplies for Chicago and Springfield offices, kitchens, and conference rooms
- Place equipment and supply orders requested by department managers
- Maintain supplies inventories and organizational archives
- Assist with hosting guests at the Chicago office including coordinating logistics and ensuring they have a positive experience
- Facilitate technology and meeting space for large meetings, including staff meetings.
- Act as primary liaison with building management and contract service providers
- Represent the organization with integrity and respect, particularly when interacting with external individuals
- Plan and execute semi-annual staff training retreats and assist in other events planning as needed
- Assist Human Resources with employee onboardings and offboarding logistics
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to work and be present in our Chicago office during our Monday – Friday business hours (8:30am – 5:00pm)
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in an office management role, preferably in a non-profit setting
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience working with third-party vendors and clients
- Event and/or project management experience preferred
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Proactive, but flexible and adaptable, mindset
- A dependable and friendly demeanor
Our purpose is to make it easier for mission-driven organizations to focus their efforts on creating a better world. Our team works with innovative nonprofits with ambitious visions around free market public policy, media and journalism. We provide our partners with affordable and effortless access the critical expertise, processes, technology and care to make sure all of the operational details of running the organization are addressed so our partners can focus their efforts on changing the world.
Success at Bearing Tree requires more than professional ambition or a particular skill set. It requires the ability to operate within a culture of mutual support and high expectations. Here are some of the primary beliefs we live out in our work:
- Idealism: We believe the world can be a better place. That is why we are so passionate about working with mission-driven organizations.
- Commitment: We are fully dedicated to helping our partner organizations pursue their purpose. Our team members have the expertise, cultural fit and dedication needed to help them succeed in achieving their goals.
- Collaboration: We work with our partners towards a common goal: making the world a better place. We place tremendous value and respect on all of our stakeholder relationships and actively seek out feedback and opportunities for improvement.
- Integrity: Our reputation is paramount to achieving our mission, so we maintain the highest levels of integrity in everything we do.
- Fast-Learning: We are a learning organization. We stay up to date on the leading practices in all of our disciplines and seek to be ahead of the curve on applying the latest innovations that enhance effectiveness and achieve efficiency.
- Results-Oriented: We are focused on efficiently achieving our partners’ mutually agreed-upon outcomes and outputs. We regularly check-in to ensure processes and timelines are meeting, or exceeding, expectations.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the work Bearing Tree and our partners are doing to improve the lives of Americans and excited to advance the organization’s work through providing critical operational support to teams and partners.
Commensurate with experience. Compensation package includes health (company-paid medical), flexible vacation, and sick days. Flexible work environment and schedule.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials to Cinda Pensabene (email@example.com)
- Cover letter detailing:
- Your interest in this position.
- A compelling case about why Bearing Tree’s mission resonates with you.
- Your salary requirements.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.