Our purpose is to make it easier for mission-driven organizations to focus their efforts on creating a better world. Our team works with innovative nonprofits with ambitious visions around free market public policy, media and journalism, and other cultural imperatives. We provide our partners with affordable and effortless access to world-class development services so they can make the greatest possible impact in their communities.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a highly driven individual to join our fundraising team. The development associate will gain a broad array of fundraising knowledge and experience, while helping our partners succeed. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Donor stewardship: Track, process and acknowledge donations, ensuring a positive donor experience by adhering to the highest standards of accuracy and timeliness. You’ll also coordinate with partner organizations on donation follow-up and personalization opportunities.
- Prospect identification and research: Work closely with internal and partner teams to identify prospective donors with affinity and capacity to support our partners’ respective missions.
- Metrics and database management: Work with our nonprofit partners to produce performance metrics and customize the Salesforce platform to meet their needs.
The ideal candidate is comfortable working with large datasets and can interpret complex systems, while thinking strategically when presented with new information. The candidate must be curious, entrepreneurial, self-accountable and solutions driven.
This full-time position will be based in our Chicago office.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Salesforce experience is preferred, though not required
- Deep curiosity and understanding of current events, especially public policy and politics
- Ability to set priorities and follow through
- Firm belief in free markets, and individual liberty and responsibility as key solutions to our communities’ and nation’s toughest problem.
Success at Bearing Tree requires more than professional ambition or a particular skill set. It requires the ability to operate within a culture of mutual support and high expectations. Here are some of the primary beliefs we live out in our work:
- Idealism: We believe the world can be a better place. That is why we are so passionate about working with mission-driven organizations.
- Commitment: We are fully dedicated to helping our partner organizations pursue their purpose. Our team members have the expertise, cultural fit and dedication needed to help them succeed in achieving their goals.
- Collaboration: We work with our partners towards a common goal: making the world a better place. We place tremendous value and respect on all of our stakeholder relationships and actively seek out feedback and opportunities for improvement.
- Integrity: Our reputation is paramount to achieving our mission, so we maintain the highest levels of integrity in everything we do.
- Fast-Learning: We are a learning organization. We stay up to date on the leading practices in all of our disciplines and seek to be ahead of the curve on applying the latest innovations that enhance effectiveness and achieve efficiency.
- Results-Oriented: We are focused on efficiently achieving our partners’ mutually agreed-upon outcomes and outputs. We regularly check in to ensure processes and timelines are meeting, or exceeding, expectations.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the work Bearing Tree and our partners are doing to improve the lives of Americans and excited to advance the organization’s work through providing critical operational support to teams and partners.
Commensurate with experience. Compensation package includes health (company-paid medical), flexible vacation, and sick days. Flexible work environment and schedule.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials to Sarah Dame (email@example.com):
Cover letter detailing:
– Your Interest in this position.
– A compelling case about why Bearing Tree’s mission resonates with you.
– Your salary requirements.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.